Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Long Time No See

...So my last post was in July. No way to soft-pedal it; I've been procrastinating.

I could justify it, perfectly reasonably, by saying, "...well, first I started volunteer-mentoring a friend in trouble, then I got laid off right before school started, then school DID start and I had to try and find a job in addition to studying... blah blah blah..."

I'm not always reasonable, but I do try to be honest. I've been procrastinating. One reason is that I felt like there was a huge, gaping inconsistency in my last post, and I had no idea how to address it. Not that anyone was demanding I explain myself-- as far as I know, only 2 people beside myself have even read it (how sad is that??)-- but I just felt the urge. Blame it on my upbringing. The other reason was because I didn't really have anything to say other than, "well, first I started volunteer-mentoring a friend in trouble, then I got laid off right before school started... blah blah blah..." Hence, no posts.

I tried to address the first half a couple of weeks ago; I started a post and saved it but never got back to it. I guess my subconscious was trying to tell me something. Probably that explaining my need to explain myself is unnecessary and annoying. So I won't bother. And as far as my supposed gaping inconsistency goes--namely, what a self-described Grey Triber was doing in a spiritual workshop anyway--all I have to say is this: I'm Irish. Union of Opposites. Read the profile.

As for the second half, that part where I didn't particularly have anything to say at the moment, it seems to have been a temporary condition. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)